Monday 21 September 2009

The article from the AN magazine

Alise Piebalga

Alise Piebalga is one of three graduates from the 2003 a-n Magazine degree show reviews feature ’School’s out’ who have given updates on their practice in ’School reunion’ as part of 2009 Degrees.

Graduating from the BA Fine Art/Contemporary Media course at the University of Wales, Newport in 2003 was an incredibly exciting time for me and I was quite keen to maintain this positive direction and energy. Subsequently, I enrolled on MA Art and further down the road started a PhD that examines new media art practice and the relationship between humans and technology. In addition, I have been very lucky to be able to work as a senior lecturer in the Fine Art department at the University of Wales, Newport, which provides me with constant drive and inspiration. It was imperative to me that I did not stop producing my work and since 2003 I have been involved in quite a few exciting projects. In 2005, I exhibited some work as part of Waterpieces 05, a new media arts festival in Latvia. This was a fantastic experience, particularly as the venue was a barge and during the opening travelled down the river through Riga, picking up artists and audience members at various stops. In 2008 I exhibited a four projection installation called Stories for grown up Alice at Howard Gardens, University of Wales Institute, Cardiff. This exhibition was followed by a symposium that provided the...http://www.a-n.co.uk/artists_talking/users/subscriberOnly/L2FydGlzdHNfdGFsa2luZy9hcnRpc3RzX3N0b3JpZXMvc2luZ2xlLzUyNDcyOQ%3D%3D/denied_msg_sub_only_not_logged_in

No comments:

Post a Comment